Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Worm Rescue

There were HUNDREDS of worms on our driveway after a crazy rainstorm in the area.  When we got home from our walk, I told Joely that worms belong in the grass or garden so that they're safe and she made it her mission to return them there!  It was crazy how many worms there were!  CRAZY!  She went through her three stage process with EVERY worm (pick it up, show mom, throw it in the grass)...I bet she did this for over an hour...and that was with me helping her return the worms to the grass!

I didn't follow a sketch for this layout, but I should have waited because today's guest sketcher on www.scrapbooksteals.com (Kristina MacKeen) drew out a perfect one for these photos...time to look for some more photos to scrap!



I used a combination of American Crafts Backyard and Blue Skies collections for this layout.  I just love the bold colours and patterns in all the AC collections.  Definitely one of my favourites! A Fiskars punch helped with with the edging and the Sew Easy stitched my two layering pieces together.  I just picked up a bunch of Thickers from M's on sale last week and it didn't take long for them to make their debut!  I also added a little 'x' stitch over each letter to make it look like I had stitched them on...did it work?  heehee.  I ruched some ribbon at the bottom of my 5x7 to ground it a bit and used to buttons in my stash to dress up the wormy words.

That worm.  Oh, that worm.  I found some worm clip art and felt that this was the most appropriate wormy to add a bit of fun to the page.  It was a bit of a challenge to get him printed out in the right size, but there he is.  I went over the black lines to darken them up and then using a Versamark pen, shaded in the brown segments and added some brown/copper embossing powder.  I'm really pleased with how he turned out.  The perfect slimy embellishment for this wormy layout!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE!! I love how you x'd the letters and all of the fun little details!

    ReplyDelete