Friday, August 5, 2011

Back in the "Now"

Here's my most recent layout featuring that sweet baby face of Owen's.  I just can't get enough of those chubby cheeks...and I know his hair is in his face now, but I just can't BEAR to cut it yet!  I love his little surfer, messy "do!"

This was our first monthly challenge posted in a scrappy group I belong to, where I've made some FANTASTIC friends!  This was Chloe's challenge...use NO patterned paper.  This was a tough one for me!  I LOVE PATTERNS...the crazier the better!  BUT, I'm thrilled with the way it came together!


I started with some basic white cardstock, and stitched the cloud shape around the outside edge using Sew Easy thread.  Then, I STAMPED, I know...crazy right?  I am not a confident stamper at all, but I had bought these swirly stamps from M's a while ago, and this was the perfect opportunity to use them.  I also stamped a pattern on the tree trunk to add a bit of dimension, but it definitely doesn't show up in the photo.  The flowers are American Crafts, and I used that Martha Stewart icicle punch for the grass (heehee...I've actually used it more for grass than icicles) and scrunched up the paper.  AC ribbon (green) and no name ribbon (blue) add a bit of fun to the page.  To give the owls a bit of dimension, I used my Espresso pigment ink pad on the back layer (lower owl) and the top layer (upper owl).  I used plain brown Thickers for the title, but used a marker to "stitch" a pattern around the outside edge.  They just looked too plain.  ;) I used the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge for the tree, and Create A Critter for the owls.  

I really enjoyed this little challenge.  I am SUCH a pattern-lover that it was fun to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment