Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Canmore 2011

I found this sketch (perfect for Joely's Canmore layout) through one of my crafty groups and I'm so glad I did!  I really love its simplicity, but it was not an easy sketch for me to execute...at all!  LOL!  I actually ended up completely tossing my first version...wasting a bunch of time and a bunch of I-Rock gems...lol!  Oh well, I'm so much happier with the way the second layout turned out!  I bought this Martha Stewart butterfly punch last week from Michael's (for 25% off) and I've been waiting for the perfect, simple layout to use it on!  This was the one!  Glad it only took a week to find!  I love these little butterflies!  Here's the sketch from the Sweet Peach Crop Shop blog (2nd August Sketch)...


Cute, right!?  This was my take on it...


Plain white card stock, no name ribbon, BG buttons, Sass lettering for the title, Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe paper (the strip down the right-hand side, the butterflies and the journaling tag), I-Rock gems and Sew Easy made this layout work for me!  I'm pleased with the results!


No comments:

Post a Comment