Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Scrapbook Steals!!!

Somebody pinch me!  Am I dreaming?

When Kristy asked me to be a guest designer...I was BEYOND excited!  I'm not worthy!  Let's face it, I'm pretty new to these scraptastic adventures (relatively speaking)!  I'm coming up on my two-year anniversary of scrapping...I just needed a "subject" to get me going (enter my 21 month old little girly)!  While I've loved every minute, thank goodness for Scrapbook Steals (Kristy, Melodee and all the amazing fans) to help guide me along the way!

After I asked Kristy if she was sure...(I mean, really, you're serious?), I didn't think scrappy life could get any better!  AND THEN Kristy let me in on which kit they might be sending me...I nearly passed out!
I love all-things-American-Crafts...and omgoodness, Letterbox did not disappoint!  I can't believe all the amazing scrappy goodness included in this collection.  The Thickers alone had me SWOONING (seriously, I have an addiction)!  Also, besides creating scrapbooking layouts with Letterbox, this kit is definitely a card maker's dream with all the sweet rub-ons (I snuck a few in Owen's journaling, and one in Joely's title)!  There's so much paper included in this kit that I've managed to do two full layouts (and I'm not shy when it comes to using as much paper as I can in a collection), cover the frame with the scraps and I still have more than three quarters of the paper left!  WHAT?  Yah, I know!  Bring on my next project!!!

While I flipped through the awesome-ness of this kit, I was pretty sure that I was going to do a couple of layouts for Joely...I mean, it's got a pretty girly vibe.  After a second look, nuh-uh, no way...I was totally going to use my sketch to do a layout for each of my little monkeys!  There is some serious boy potential in this kit!


For Joely's layout, I wish, wish, wish I had put her in a pink shirt this day, but instead she's wearing her ridiculously cute Andee Lew bright RED shirt from kidsteals.com (super cute shirt, not a great match for my layout)!  I could have chosen another photo (I mean, let's be serious...every little girl has a billion photos featuring pink clothing), but I'm madly in love with this photo, so black and white was my solution!  I think it turned out great.  The only add-ons that I used that aren't included in the kit were the two pieces of ribbon (also American Crafts), Martha Stewart inks, and the Sew Easy floss (ahem, all three were previous steals)!


Little Owen's layout...this little dude gets cuter and cuter every day (I'm not even biased...)!  We were so lucky to get his coy little smile on camera...this was one photo that wasn't going to sit in my scrappy space unscrapped for long!  I can't believe how well the colours all worked for this layout!  For those of you looking for some neutral, un-girly pages...rejoice!  It just goes to show the versatility that this collection has!  The add-ons again include the AC ribbon, MS ink, Sew Easy floss and Basic Grey buttons (which I can NEVER get enough of)!


I have had soooooooooo much fun with this kit...a huge thanks to Kristy and Melodee for giving me this fantastic opportunity!  I can't WAIT to see what all you awesome ladies come up with!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy this kit once you get it!  It's so stinkin' cute!  I might have to steal a second one! <3

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Jana! I was so excited to see you are featured as Guest Designer. You are super talented and very deserving! I can't wait to get my mojo on this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jana! I knew it would only be a matter of time before they asked you to create a sketch! You did an amazing job as well! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have guessed that you were "new" to scrapbooking! You do amazing work! I loved the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, girls! It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete